Changing business situation with increasing complicated deliveries is mounting constant pressure to manage the cost of services. This often drives the business to look for alternate solutions. Some of the options are; outsourcing, remote assistance from low cost geographies, sourcing the talent with flexibility to engage and disengage at short notice without compromising the quality on the talent. These are the options companies evaluate to manage the fixed and variable cost while managing their IT requirements.
One of our clients who is a provider of IT services to leading banks in the region was facing serious challenges with implementation and technical support to their customers. The key problem statements were as below:
- Retaining competitive technical resources
- Cost of delivery and technical support was very high
- Long Delivery time line
- Limited bandwidth to convert potential business opportunities
The client hired ACS to consult this leading IT service provider in East Africa to provide its consulting services and offer a long lasting and cost-effective solution for the existing challenges. We analysed the problem by carrying out root cause analysis of the existing challenges. Post the analysis on few key parameters we advised to set up a cost effective ODC in a low-cost geography with the availability of quality talent pool on the required domain.
Process driven methodology was adopted to set up the ODC. The details are as below:
Model: Build and operate
Team Composition: Technical consultants with core banking and ERP expertise, Business, analyst, tester, Database administrator, System analyst and architect.
Technologies: Java Technology, Mobile technology, PHP, Microsoft .Net
The ODC has turned out to be very instrumental for them. The key benefits experienced by them are as below
- Dedicated, highly skilled and talented team of developers and business analysts.
- The support service improved immensely because of the availability of the competitive offshore resource pool at a relatively very low budget.
- Implementation time frame has reduced for the projects.
- Quality and technical resolution time frame has improved immensely.
- An average 40% cost advantage situation compare to the earlier setup.
- Best of breed IT infrastructure and connectivity.
- Offsite team works closely as their Extended Organization.